The True Story

Before there was barbieboy07, and sexi lexi there was Brian.
This is Brian's story. The truth, the REAL truth of who I am, and what I've done, and most importantly who I want to be.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Festivals Of the Lord

The Day of atonement started my research and observance of the Feasts talked about in the Bible. I had always heard of the feasts but never thought it was something we had to observe, (in my mind i figured that since Jesus died for our sins that there were certain things we didn't have to do) My mom told me a few Fridays ago that she was planning on fasting for the Day of Atonement (which started at sundown and went on to sundown the following day) My first thought was "Great now I have to fast too" But after I got off the phone with her, I realized that no matter what the Lord asks of me, I must do it. Besides fasting wasn't something new to me (even though this fast including abstaining from water). I went home and read the study packet she had received from our new church The living church of God. After reading it and the bible and praying for understanding, I knew that the feasts are to be followed even after Jesus returns. The day of atonement is a day of celebration when the Devil is chained up and a seal is put on him so he may not deceive the nations of the world anymore. All of this is found in Revelations chapter 20. Last Wednesday started the Feast of tabernacles, which is a seven day feast to the Lord, the first and last days of which are considered Sabbath Holy days to the Lord. I've found that after reflection and observance of these days I have a better understanding of what it means to be a disciple of Christ and not just someone who merely believes.

No comments: