The True Story

Before there was barbieboy07, and sexi lexi there was Brian.
This is Brian's story. The truth, the REAL truth of who I am, and what I've done, and most importantly who I want to be.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Death in the Family

Last Saturday on October the 15 at 6:40 am a woman named Tara Hammell got into a car accident on her way to work and died. Tara worked at the Kohls where I work, I found out about her death from Damien who told Josh to Facebook me and told me to call the store. I couldn't believe it, I had just seen her the previous afternoon, we were talking about jewelry and trying to stay in our budgets. Tara's death had a huge effect on the store, she was not only a hard worker, but she was truly a blessing to be around. She had a positive upbeat attitude and a strong love and faith for Jesus Christ. When I think back to the very short conversations we would have I remember her smile above everything else. She had a warm smile and a sincere way of speaking that made her feel like a family member. After hearing about her death I had a few feelings come over me, the first was disbelief, then pain, a physical pain that literally made me fall to my knees. Then understanding and calm, I had heard that she loved the Lord, and when God calls one of us we have to answer. I realized that it was her time to go, and that it was God's Will. I was immediately sad for her family, but I felt extremely happy for her, not just happy but elated that her suffering here on earth was finally over. She wasn't a sickly person, but the suffering I speak of is the daily influences of the Devil and the temptation that it stirs within all of us. Tara was free, but not just free of this life, she was free from sin, because she was alive in Christ. I made a few phone calls to my coworkers and went to the store to see about the arrangements (and to shop) for her funeral. Last week was eye opening, it showed that the supervisors and managers really cared for Tara and for all of us. I believe that Tara's death has opened the hearts of many ppl (not just associates) to God's will. Facing the fact that we all die, and we do not know the time or place of our death can lead people to ask questions, questions that only God can answer. I pray that her death has opened the door for even more people to let Christ in, and let the Holy Spirit fill them up and begin to repent of their sins before their time is up. Fast Forward:: The funeral was on Saturday Oct 22. A very good service, but not your ordinary funeral service, the pastor spoke on submitting your life to God (before its too late) and focused on our salvation while celebrating the life of Tara and the many people her life and death have touched. I pray that her family and friends will allow the Holy Spirit to heal them of their grief, especially her little girl and her son Charlie. "God works in mysterious ways" I've heard that all my life, now I believe I am really starting to understand at least one of them.

No comments: