The True Story

Before there was barbieboy07, and sexi lexi there was Brian.
This is Brian's story. The truth, the REAL truth of who I am, and what I've done, and most importantly who I want to be.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Men Of Courage

On Saturday some friends and I saw Courageous, its a great movie that talks about having Christian values at home and the need for men at home to step up and become men of God for their families sake. The movie is from the creators of Fireproof, another great movie (more focused on marriage specifically). After watching the movie I started thinking about my own childhood, the love and counsel I never received from my own father did scar me. I realized just how much I needed to have him in my life. There is a book that was released before the movie called the Resolution for Men. With an understanding that God is our father and instructs and instills in us, the Holy laws and shows us how to best live our life so we may come into his kingdom, the book shows that by God's design fathers here on earth were meant to do the same for their wives and children. I'm on the third chapter now and every time I read the book something new is opened for me, I truly feel that I am learning and growing in the knowledge of God and my person as a man of God. This is a POWERFUL eye opening book, I wish every man could read it, if you can't read it go see the movie, it may just change the way you see yourself and your own family. I thank God everyday for giving me the tools to become a better faithful servant. He is King and I will always Exalt His name!

No comments: